I was watching the news last night, and I saw this story about a father with two children. They lived in Crown Heights. There was a fire in the building where they lived, and they didn't have any fire detectors in the apartment. Sadly, the father and two kids died.
This story reminds me of where I used to live five years ago. I was in the kitchen cooking one day and I heard my carbon monoxide alarm go off. I told my landlord and then called 911. She thought it was not a big deal. I started to feel dizzy and stepped out because I was worried even though I didn't smell anything. My daughter and I went to the Emergency Room where they found good amounts of the gas in our blood. The Fire Department came to the house and found gas leaking which was the cause of the carbon monoxide.
Anyway, I'm advising everyone to make sure they have both a fire detector and carbon monoxide alarm in their home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow!! I can't believe that happened to you!! Scary!! You live and learn.
ReplyDelete