Friday, September 11, 2009
The sadness
On Thursday night, I went to work. I was working in mother baby unit. The mother baby unit is where the moms come with the baby after delivery. That night, I had a young patient. She just turned 13 years old. She gave birth to a baby girl. She was telling me she doesn't want the baby, because she is too young. She doesn't know how to take care of the baby. She told me her mother left her with her father since she was 8 years old. When I looked at her, she looked so sad and so young that it made me feel sad too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh! That *is* very sad. It's sad for the girl and for the baby. Why didn't she decide to give it up for adoption? Was she alone in the hospital? I'm sure you were very kind to her and made her feel a little better.
ReplyDelete